Monday, August 15, 2016

Expectations

As we travel through life there are constant questions of why things happen the way they do. Whether that be the good or the bad.

Growing up, my mother always taught me that everything happens for a reason, and even though we may not know that reason, it was meant to happen. And all throughout my life I carried that advice with me through so many experiences in life. Both the good and bad.

With break ups I would lie in bed crying every night until my eye literally stopped producing tears, or I would get some great opportunity, etc.

I have gone through many hard times in the 19 years that I have been around. But I take everything that I have been through and use them as lessons. Most do the same, but I feel that some don't look at experiences in that way. I appreciate everything that I am blessed with in my life.  I can proudly say that I am attending college and pursuing my life long dream of becoming a teacher, and I have the help from my amazing mother who has kindly offered to help me pay for my schooling and to also be my support system. So I can say that I have a broader spectrum of opportunities compared to others.

Now getting to the legitimate reason as to why I started this as my first blog post was just to open the minds of all of my readers.

As I said in the very beginning, everything happens for a reason.
In my case, on this beautiful Friday night, I sit in my room with dim lighting thinking about what my next move is going to be. A few days ago I was let go from my absolute dream job. But in all defense it was one hundred percent my fault. I was late more than enough times, and finally it came back to bite me in the butt. So now I have been racking my brain as to what pawn/piece I am going to move next on this board. 

It stresses me out trying to think of what I could possibly do or even be remotely interested in. My last day of work I was given countless amounts of advice on places I could apply for, but none of which peaked my interest. I thought about another coffee shop, but I don't know if I can find something that can keep up with my speed and need for a challenge consistently. 

So my next thought was being a server, and I feel that would be a great fit for me, and it could possibly open up new doors for my future which can lead me even closer to my dream.

But the one thing that I despise more than anything is just the idea of having to be forced into a job. Not only to survive, but in today's society that is whats expected of everyone. It's now against the "norm" to be a "stay at home mom". People consider the unemployed "lazy" and "unmotivated". Which to me is completely unfair because we all have our moments, and people constantly express how if they didn't have to work then they wouldn't. But then the second the slightest thought of a single income household is brought up, the blame is immediately thrown on whoever chose to live life a bit more freely then the rest.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree in some cases. For example; all the freeloaders who get food stamps and just use that for stuff for themselves rather than feeding their families, and deciding to go out every night. When they could easily turn in early for bed and start fresh in the morning and find a job. But we upsettingly don't live in a perfect world and that will never happen.

But what I am trying to simply get across is to chill for a second and look at the circumstances and the lifestyles that are around you. Although your next door neighbor sits at home all day doesn't mean she is "worthless". She could have high anxiety which disables her to leave the house for more than a few hours. Or maybe she is one of the smartest people known to man and she is simply researching and experimenting all day long. She could just be simply saving the world in little bits at a time. 

But to wrap up this blog, I just want to get this one message out.

Everything Happens for a Reason

So the next time you think about judging someone, think about all the possibilities that could be associated with the situation. So just relax and let people be happy doing whatever they love. Because thats all humans deserve in life, is to be happy. 

I don't know what is going to happen with me, but I definitely am going to use this as a growing experience to simply enhance my knowledge and open mindedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment